So a really, really sweet person read my post about the Hijab and its misconceptions today, and decided that I deserved the Liebster Award! Thank you to Aquila Nabila, for being that person. (She’s got a really wonderful blog about Hijab styling, by the way.)
The Liebster Award is basically an award given to bloggers by other bloggers, all completely online. It’s designed to get (new) bloggers linked within the blogosphere and to encourage them to keep going. It’s very similar to a chain letter, where one person gets the award and then nominates other people who they feel deserve it.
So anyway, here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
My answers to aquila’s questions:
Describe your personal style in 3 words.
Umm…simple, classy and comfortable. I’m not really good with this whole ‘style’ thing. I had to ask my mum for pointers.
What is your craziest memory with your best friend?
This happened many years ago, when I was like, 8, maybe 9. Anyway, it was during lunchtime, I think, at school. We were all outside playing the usual childish games that always somehow ended up involving some sort of role-play (usually moms, sisters and dads), and this HUGE dog ran into the school. All I remember after that is screaming and running from the dog until they could get rid of the dog. Random.
But more specifically with my best friend? Picking fruits from the house next to the school and then having contests to see who can throw lemons furthest into the said house. And then running away when the owner catches us.
What is your dream job?
I didn’t even have to think for this one. Doctor (God willing). Heart/brain surgeon, or gynaecologist/obstetrician, (because we need more women in this field). No back-up plans, nothing.
Which blogger do you admire the most?
I really can’t pick just one for this. Sorry.
When not blogging, what do you do for fun?
Reading. I can read anything and everything. Even the backs of cereal boxes. 😀
What is the first thing that you do in the morning?
I pray. And then…I dunno. Eat, I guess? Oh, and drink tea.
Mountains or beach?
Beach. Hands down. I just can’t ever get over the serenity of standing on the sand and looking out over the wide, wide sea. Beautiful.
Is there one thing about yourself that you would like to change or are you totally comfortable with the way you are?
I’d like to improve my time management skills, get rid of my procrastination skills, and stop being lazy.
Describe the difference between left and right.
Right is THE way, and left is the other way. 😉
Explain what your favourite colour looks like without naming it.
It’s like a cloud on a bright, sunny day. Milk, before I drink it and then start hating it. A paper when you have an essay due and you’re sitting there with no inspiration in your head.
If you still didn’t get it, I seriously don’t know what else to say.
Explain what water tastes like.
It tastes better than any drink out there, that’s what. Cool and refreshing. Tasteless, yet with its own unique taste. Poetry on your taste buds.
…11 Random facts about me:
Oh, god. Here goes:
- I’m currently going through a ‘tea’ phase. I think I’m on a mission to discover and taste every single tea flavour out there. I love tea. I just do.
- I once started a novel. I have no idea where it is now.
- I have an obsession with Europe, especially the UK and France.
- One day, I want to travel the world (God Willing).
- I’m an introvert.
- I was born in India. Moved to Saudi Arabia. And then to Malaysia. And then I came to Melbourne when I was 8.
- We used to have 3 fishes. They died. We also had a cat named Simba. He ran away with his gangster friend. We don’t have a good history with pets.
- I am simply in love with the BBC One show, Sherlock.
- I don’t usually like the contemporary young adult books. I much prefer the old ones, like the classics, Arthur Canon Doyle, Agatha Christie. These books actually mean something and are written wonderfully with proper English and great vocabulary. Books these days are just usually all vampires and romance and all that rubbish. Honestly.
- I LOVE Maths. The simplicity of numbers and logic. Ah.
- I have an about.me page that you can visit. 🙂
my nominations for the award… Drumroll please!
- Bethany Jane Saul: http://bethanyjanebeautyblog.wordpress.com/
- Victorian Muslimah: http://victorianmuslimah.wordpress.com/
- Kirsteen Navarro: http://thethreepatchproblem.wordpress.com/
- Jamilah’s Reflections: http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/
- The Science of Adaptations: http://swanpride2.wordpress.com/
- Tanisha: http://welcometomycraziness.wordpress.com/
- Meghan: http://meghansmind.wordpress.com/
- Martha: http://mncollegekid.wordpress.com/
- Confessions of a Nerdy Socialite: http://nicoleangelina.wordpress.com/
- Emily: http://myfirstpatient.wordpress.com/
- Misadventures of the Mildly Clueless but Deeply Fabulous: http://brittflynn.wordpress.com/
and…my questions for you guys:
- Why do you blog?
- If you could live in any country in the world, where would it be?
- What is your biggest and best achievement?
- If I gave you a million dollars now, what would you use it for?
- What is your favourite book of all time?
- What is your dream job?
- What do you think is the biggest flaw in people?
- What is your favourite food?
- Are more of an introvert or an extrovert?
- What languages can you speak?
- What is one skill or hobby that you want to learn?